A collaboration with Pentagram design consultancy and the university’s small in-house web team. UAL is Europe’s largest arts and design university; comprised of six separate colleges; each with multiple locations across the city; as well as extensive administration services.
Our task was to implement the global identity to a new digital platform that would fulfil the ambitions of all stakeholders of the unique and complex organisation.
- Rethinking of all existing content, infrastructure and information architecture.
- Extensive user research to define site journeys and opportunities for improving experience.
- Design workshops with colleges to solidify requirements and reconcile the planned interface with the content.
- Rapid prototyping within a web environment to maintain a shared understanding of the iterative process between designers and developers.
- User-testing gathered from an independent body for unbiased feedback, to be incorporated prior launch.